Execute station promotions, community service efforts and assist in the development of station event marketing opportunities. Enhance station image and visibility within the community that will attract new listeners and clients. Implement marketing efforts at the local level. This is a position that involves assisting with the functions of on-air, on-line, and on-site promotions. On-site events include advertiser sponsored events and station sponsored events, i.e. live broadcasts, remotes, concerts, community service appearances, and talent appearances. The candidate will also be expected to converse comfortably with the public in an outgoing and friendly manner. Other duties may be assigned.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Promotions Assistant primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Represent the station(s) at community events and act as a community liaison with community and corporate entities.
- Coordinate activities of other departments involved in production of promotions and remotes.
- Attend and set up remotes as assigned. Provide technical assistance for on-site remotes/appearances.
- Keep station equipment and vehicles clean and in working order.
- Execute site surveys as needed for events, remotes, and promotions.
- Assist in social media management.
- Recap station events with photo, video, audio, and social media capture.
- Meet day to day deadlines for assignments and tasks.
- Performs basic office administrative functions.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Successful applicants must be organized, dependable, and self-motivators.
- A professional appearance, friendly demeanor, and clean driving records are required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Flexible schedule is a must.
- Must be able work nights, weekends and Holidays as necessary.
- Must be able to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment and be extremely passionate about promotions while able to juggle many responsibilities and projects.
- A professional appearance, friendly demeanor
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Photoshop, Social media platforms and Adobe Audition is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 60-pound objects.
Ideal candidate should have at least one to two years’ experience in promotions or event marketing.
High school diploma
This is a career opportunity at a first-class facility. SummitMedia cultures are very positive, creative team environments where people can grow and thrive!
Send resumes to:
220 North Main Street, Suite 402
Greenville, SC 29601
Phone (864) 235-1073
Fax (864) 370-3403
It is the policy of SummitMedia LLC. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training and termination.
Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been the victim of discrimination, you may notify the Federal Communications Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other appropriate agency.